Patients on long-term regular medication can order repeat prescriptions in the following ways:
- Telephone - 24 hours a day, 7 days per week; call 01389 752650 (option 1).
- Online - follow the link at the top of this page to complete a simple registration.
- Email - GG-UHB.GP85403dutyadmin@nhs.net
- Fax - to 01389 752361.
- In person - drop your repeat slip in the box in the waiting room.
- By post - send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want it posted back to you.
- Via your pharmacy - by pre-arrangement with them. All local pharmacies are involved in a scheme whereby they will collect your prescription and have your drugs available at the pharmacy. Ask your pharmacist for the appropriate form to organise this service.
There may be instances when you request a prescription for a drug that your GP has not previously approved for re-issue. This may take up to 48 hours to produce. This also applies to certain repeat prescriptions such as controlled drugs.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please note our GP's authorise repeat scripts on a daily basis. Requests lodged before 12:00 noon are available for collection from 15:00 on the same day. Please also remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.